Sustainability Career Advice
We provide career advice for those interested in careers in sustainability, whatever stage you are at. We use a unique framework: our three As method, The Step Up Your Sustainability Career road map is designed to help you take your sustainability career to the next level. Most people that join this programme come with the objective of understanding the nuances of the sustainability field and also get a better understanding of the roles that suit them. So, this framework is designed to delve into the different sectors and the roles within each sector, and help you find your niche to allow you to stand out from the crowd when you come to submit your applications. Our method is composed of three steps. Awareness, Act and Apply.
Step Up Your Sustainability Career
The first step of the process is aimed at building the foundations of your future career in sustainability and increase your awareness of the three main elements we need to understand before venturing out to the job market.
a) Understand the sustainability field and where would your interests and background best fit in any given sector.
b) Understand the issues being dealt with by each sector.
c) Understand yourself. Easier said than done. During this step we help you know yourself professionally and understand what makes you tick.
For those starting out, soon after university, with little or no work experience; or planing a gap year. This is a point where we give some thoughts as to how best use your time in a way that would allow you to gain relevant experience. Some of our projects are geared up to provide some relevant experience, but depending on your chosen career path, you may find relevant work experience elsewhere. Similarly, if you already have some work experience, you may skip the step altogether and progress to the last one.
Here is where the magic happens. Once you understand the sustainability field, yourself and have gained some experience we help put it down in writing, bringing out your uniqueness, so you can stand out from the crowd.
Who is this programme for?
The short answer is: for anyone wanting to progress their sustainability career, because we take stock of where you are at. We enrol some people starting out but also some that are mid career wanting to change to sustainability or wanting to progress to the next level and understand how they can make best use of their skills in the industry.
You should join if:
- You are a studying at University or taking a gap year and are looking for volunteering opportunities or real work experience on environmental issues to help boost your career and contribute to a greener planet.
- You have finished university and feel inspired to take on the job market and start a meaningful career in sustainability. But you don’t know where to start or how to break into the sector, what jobs to apply for to improve your chances or where your professional background fits in.
- You have applied for jobs in sustainability and get rejection after rejection or even worse, don’t get an explanation or a response and you want to break that cycle.
- You have fallen in the trap of, “I need a job to get a job”. You have made it to a few interviews and finally when they give you some feedback you have discovered that you didn’t get the job because you don’t have relevant work experience. So, you want to have a serious look at your skills and experience to be able to stand out from the crowd.
- Or you have been working for corporate or other sector and want a career change to sustainability but don’t know where to start.
- You work in sustainability and want to change jobs to something bigger and better.
For more information you can download our career guide here
Or if you are ready to apply, you can submit an application here
Or click here to contact us and request a clarity call
How does this work?
When you submit your application we will have a conversation to understand what you want to achieve, so we can tailor our advice and understand how we can best help.
You can sign up to the three, two of the stages or one
One stage —-> £350
Any two stages—> £600
Three stages—-> £ 750
You can submit and enquiry to find out what is the right option for you.