Environmental Monitoring and Communication in Iguazu National Park- Brazil
Jaguar & Environmental Monitoring in Iguazu: Help assess the status of Jaguar populations, water quality and impact of trafic within the park on the local fauna.
Communication and Public Use in Iguazu: In this project you will have the opportunity to use your creativity to think of forms of educating the public on the environmental value of the National Park.
4 weeks 6 weeks 7 weeks 8 weeks
£ 1120 £ 1665 £1935 £ 2225
The price includes: Accommodation, with a choice of breakfast and dinner, daily transport to work, project placement and necessary training, 24/7 helpline for guidance support and emergencies.
If you are ready to start planning your trip but discouraged by a financial roadblock, Green Planet Ventures has another solution for you. We have teamed up with FundMyTravel, who provides us with an online platform where you can fundraise for your meaningful travel experience.
Biodiversity Monitoring in Serra da Boquena National Park- Brazil
Biodiversity Monitoring In Serra da Bodoquena National Park: Assist in conducting structured surveys in a very rich remnant of Atlantic forest afterwards help update databases with the data collected in the field.
- Monitoring Butterflies (March-April)
- Monitoring Vertebrates (July-August) Prices from
2 weeks 3 weeks 4 weeks 5 weeks 6 weeks
£450 £670 £ 885 £1110 £1329
During the field work in this project you may be required to stay in the field in tents or in basic accommodation. During your stay in town and office work you have a choice of accommodation (subject to availability) self catering or B&B. The food during the field expeditions is provided by the park Authority, which also provides the transport during the field work.
Chapada Dos Veadeiros National Park
Habitat Restoration in Chapada dos Veadeiros: Join this award winning restoration project in its endevours to restore the Cerrado Ecosystem (Brazilian Savana). You will take part in seeds selection, planting and maintenance of previous years regeneration parcels.
2 weeks 4 weeks
£ 690 £ 1380
Includes a choice of accommodations: self catering, B&B, half board and full board subject to availability.
Our Programme in The Brazilian Amazon has a choice of three projects
1) Vertebrates Monitoring in the Amazon: Participate in structure surveys of plants an animals, in the most bio-diverse corner of the planet and help update the database with the data collected.
2) Sustainable Development in the Amazon: The amazon rain-forest provides livelihood for many indigenous communities that live in harmony with the grand ecosystem. Help these communities assess the potential sustainable production of some of its local produce such as Brazil Nut.
3) Audiovisual content production: Use you creativity to educate the world on the importance of the amazonian rain-forest to provide livelihood for its people.
2 weeks 4 weeks 6 weeks 8 weeks
£675 £ 1265 £1882 £ 2395
The price includes: Accommodation, food and transportation from the last town to the reserve and during work if required
Tropical Forest Conservation in Costa Rica
Our partner reserve in Costa Rica offers the opportunity of a full training in the monitoring of tropical forests organisms from noting plants development and fenology, through to identifying and studying bats, snakes, frogs monkyes and other animals.
2 weeks 4 weeks 6 weeks 8 weeks 12 weeks
£ 1040 £1878 £ 2,807 £ 3,640 £5,236
Price includes: Airport transfer on Arrival, hotel accommodation full board and working arrangement and field research tuition.
Tambopata National Reserve, Peru
Our Programme in Tambopata Peru has a choice of three projects
1) Fauna Monitoring in Tambopata: Participate in surveys of local fauna in the most bio-diverse corner of the planet and help update the database with the data collected.
2) Sustainable Agriculture in Tambopata: The amazon rain-forest provides livelihood for many indigenous and local communities that live in harmony with this grand ecosystem. In this project you will help with sustainable agriculture techniques in support to the local communities in the Peruvian Amazon.
3) Natural Forest Restoration and Reforestation: Help replant tree species endangered of extinction due to exploitation for timber.
4) Environmental Education in the Peruvian Amazon: Help communicate to local schools the importance of the biodiversity of the region and spread the conservation message.
5) Ecotourism Development in the Peruvian Amazon: To asses the potential for ecotourism activities in the area.
3 weeks 4 weeks 6 weeks 8 weeks
£968 £ 1,246 £1,865 £ 2,302
The price includes: Accommodation and food + airport transfer to hotel on arrival (other transport is not included).