This programme is suitable for those with a background in ecological and environmental sciences. We offer a diverse range of scientific programs and research projects that range from geography studies on climate, habitat dynamics and society; through to biological research on the different zoological groups: plants, insects, birds, amphibian and reptiles, bats and other mammals. You can be involved in some of the following project/subjects:
– Measurement of carbon emissions and storage
– Mammals ecology and conservation
– Amphibian and reptiles studies
– Insects monitoring and identification
– Inventory: Plant diversity in a tropical rain forest
– Monitoring migratory birds and resident species
The specific subject of the work you will be involved in depends on your skills and preferences as well as the seasonal variation of the studies.
Alternatively we can assist you in conducting your own individual research.
If you do not have a background in environmental sciences, but would like to gain work experience in this field, please look at our forest volunteering programme.
READY TO APPLY?APPLY NOW
If you have any queries or questions about the programme or anything else, please get in touch.ENQUIRE
We define an internship as a work/learning experience that lasts from 3 months up to one year. It is an opportunity to experience real work experience and test specific industry and or subject, which will help you make important decisions on what career path you want to follow. Even if you find out that you don’t like the work. That is an important result, because it will take you one step further to defining your ideal career path.
Our internships are designed for students and graduates that have a background in environmental studies, ecology, geography, biology, etc. who want to explore deeper a career path in environmental conservation and research.
An internship with Green Planet Ventures will help you improve and put into practice your acquired research skills, on the specific subject of your choice (according to the above). You will gain field research experience and its application to the protection of tropical forests. You will be allocated to a project that is already up and running, under the supervision and tuition of experienced field ecologists. So you will be an assistant researcher undertaking the required research in one of the above mentioned projects.
- Opportunity to develop field research skills on the specific subject you choose.
- Participate in scientific fora that coincide with your stay.
- Interact with other international students enrolled in yours and other projects.
- Improve employability and future career prospect.
- Obtain work reference and or credits for current degree.
- Some of your research may take place within Braulio Carrillo National Park, so you will have the opportunity to visit the park and interact with staff there.
- The minimum recommended duration of this program is 3 months costing from £2988, in self-catering shared accommodation. Booking of a party of four is required to secure this option.
- Single bookings will be on the basis of full board accommodation in a hotel room, for 3 months the price will be £5236.
- If you cannot commit for 3 months, we can accommodate your needs as part of our forest volunteering and the prices will be as reflected in our project cost section, according to the number of weeks. If you require longer than three months we may be able to negotiate a discounted price, please enquire for more information
The price quoted includes:
- Transfer to hotel on arrival (but no return)
- Accommodation and three meals per day at the hotel restaurant.
- Permit to access the protected areas where the research takes place.
- Required research permit (according to species regulations).
- Necessary training to undertake the field research you have chosen.
- Use of facilities and tools from the research station.
- 24 hours help line, to help resolve any issues that might arise.
Our partner reserve in Costa Rica offers the opportunity of a full training in the monitoring of tropical forests organisms from noting plants development and fenology, through to identifying and studying bats, snakes, frogs monkyes and other animals.
2 weeks 4 weeks 6 weeks 8 weeks 12 weeks
£ 1040 £1878 £ 2,807 £ 3,640 £5,236
Price includes: Airport transfer on Arrival, hotel accommodation full board and working arrangement and field research tuition.